Rockingham and Strafford County Conservation District have partnered up to provide low-cost specialty conservation equipment rentals. Our goal is to help you improve your soils and conserve nutrients, ultimately improving water quality in the Great Bay watershed. Most of our equipment was purchased using grant funds, which allows us to charge very modest rental fees. 100% of the rental fees go towards the repair, maintenance, and eventual replacement of the equipment.

Equipment Available for Rent:

Yeoman’s Plow:                                                                                                                          Purchased with funding from the State Conservation Committee and the sale of Conservation Moose Plates

Stoltzfus 4-Ton Lime/ Woodash Spreader:
This piece of equipment was purchased with funding from the sale of Conservation License Plate (Moose Plate) through the NH State Conservation Committee Grant Program.

Soil Aerator:
Purchased with funding from the New Hampshire Association of Conservation Districts  Innovative Demonstration Projects in partnership with the Natural Resource Conservation Service.

Great Plains 606NT No-Till Seeder
Purchased with funding from the sale of Conservation License Plate (Moose Plate) through the NH State Conservation Committee Grant Program.        



Who Can use the equipment?                                                                                                     The equipment can be used by any farmer in New Hampshire, although Strafford and Rockingham County residents receive priority. Out-of-state farmers might be able to use the equipment by special permission depending on the circumstances. We require that you carry insurance that covers your liability while using the equipment. If you have a farm or contractor policy that covers your use of rental equipment, you are probably all set. The easiest way to find out is to send one of our equipment rental agreements (found online on each equipment’s web page) to your insurance agent.

The other consideration is your tractor. Each piece of equipment’s page details the minimum tractor power needed to operate it under typical conditions.

When in doubt, get in touch with us and we will help you decide if a certain piece of equipment is right for you.

All you need to do is contact us by phone or email and we will reserve the equipment for you. There is usually not a waiting list, but there are certain times of year when some pieces of equipment are quite busy, for example, the no-till seed drill is in high demand in May and early September. We know that a lot can delay your plans when you are using the equipment, like the weather, and we are happy to work with you and keep the schedule flexible as much as possible while still accommodating all renters.

How do I transport the equipment?                                                                                        Most of our rental equipment is designed to be towed over road locally by a sufficiently sized truck, without a trailer. Just make sure your truck and hitch are rated to tow the weight of the equipment. For our aerator, spreader, seeder, and yeomans plow, you will need a hitch attachment that looks like this to tow the equipment over the road.

If you are renting the fence post pounder, fence stretcher, or you are traveling a long way, we will discuss transportation options with you.

The rental equipment is housed at the Strafford County complex in Dover, and the Rockingham County complex in Brentwood. You will have to pick up the equipment from whichever location it happens to be at, but you can return it to the location that is closest to you.

How do I pay for the equipment rental fees?                                                              Please pay by check, made out to Strafford County Conservation District, or online using a credit here.



Comments are closed.